My dear sisters of ’65,
Here’s a reunion update on 3 subjects of interest.
1. Radcliffe Day
Information from Radcliffe on all fronts has left a great deal to be desired. I am assured that the following is accurate:
- If you registered for the luncheon by the cut off date of March 30, you will get a ticket. They are being mailed in mid-May.
- There will be a section of tables for 50th reunion women.
- They usually rent a tent that has room for 800. Because of the demand this year, and apparently because of the pressure brought to bear by reunion classes (maybe ours?), they’ve now hired the largest tent in the Commonwealth, which will accommodate 1300.
- Persons without tickets cannot get into the tent.
- It looks like the tickets will include the morning symposium, but this is not completely clear. It is clear that seating will be first come, first served. There will be an overflow place with live streaming, venue to be announced (no information about where the announcement will be found). There will also be live online streaming, as well as after-the-fact availability on the Radcliffe Institute website.
- See the Radcliffe Institute website (www.radcliffe.harvard.edu) for further information.
2. Radcliffe gathering place and possible discussion group at the reunion
- Holden Chapel is reserved for us from 10:00 AM to 12:45 on Monday.
- There will be coffee service.
- Those who would like to bring in lunch may do so. (The reunion is providing a continental breakfast and dinner that day, but not lunch.)
- If we are to have an informal discussion group, from 10:00-11:30, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with subjects/questions you would like to talk about.
3. Class officer election
- Nobody has put her hat in the ring. The deadline is April 30. If there are no contests, our current officers will continue until the 55th reunion. That’s Alice Davies, Treasurer, Linda Summers, Secretary, and me, President.
We eagerly await seeing as many of you as are able to come to the reunion. The expected number, including spouses/guests, is around 650. It’s looking like it will be quite marvelous.
Best to you all,