We are writing with updates about our 55th Reunion and encouraging you to join in the fun, intellectual stimulation, good food, and great camaraderie. The Reunion will be held at the Harvard Club of Boston, on Commonwealth Avenue, on May 13th–14th, 2022. One hundred four classmates and guests are coming so far and, to help you decide, here are some details you need to know:
- With respect to the Covid policy, we will comply with whatever Covid protocols are required by the City of Boston and the Harvard Club of Boston at the time of our Reunion. Presently, neither the City of Boston nor the Harvard Club of Boston requires the wearing of masks or vaccinations. Accordingly, as of now, wearing a mask at our events will be optional. However, for extra safety, we request all classmates and guests to be vaccinated and have proof thereof.
- In mid to late April we will be able to tell you the final number of registrants and guests. Remember that all registration fees paid prior to April 12th, 2022 are fully refundable provided that you cancel by April 12th, 2022. After that date, refunds will not be available except in cases of extraordinary personal circumstances because we will have made a very substantial, non-refundable payment to the Harvard Club of Boston (HCB) immediately after April 12th, 2022.
- As for the Reunion program itself, it has all the elements we promised. See the schedule on www.hr65.org.
- For information on hotels, go to www.hr65.org. Our reserved room blocks at the Eliot Hotel (next to the HCB) and at the La Quinta Inn & Suites have expired, but you can book those hotels privately. Our reserved room block at the HCB expires on April 12th, 2022.
- As for dress, business casual will be the standard for both men and women at the HCB. Business casual means collared shirts, blouses, perhaps a sweater, casual slacks or skirts and nonathletic shoes. Be comfortably attired. We have an ambitious program both for Friday night and all day Saturday so you should be relaxed. Our Saturday night gala dinner will be less formal than in the past. Jackets and ties are not required for men, nor fancy dresses for women. Business casual, comfortable and informal is the plan.
- The committee has planned additional activities both prior to and post the official program.These include: an informal pre-Reunion dinner at Tony C’s Sports Bar and Grill, in Somerville (next to La Quinta Inn & Suites hotel) on Thursday evening from 6:00 to 9:00 PM, (cost approximately $55/person); a tour of the Harvard Art Museums on Friday, May 12th at 2:00 PM (free); a birdwatching hike at the Belle Isle Marsh Reservation, in East Boston, on Sunday, May 15th at 9:30 AM, (free); and a brunch boat cruise on Sunday, May 15th at 11:00 AM leaving from the CambridgeSide Mall, in Cambridge (near the Boston Museum of Science), cost $75 and sign up on the registration form—only a few places left!
Please note, it will NOT be manageable to do both the bird watching and the boat trip on Sunday am.
If you would like further information on these activities, (which are priced separately from the Reunion fee) visit the class website at www.hr65.org, or contact either Gene (email: email@example.com; phone: 203-305-5754 – cell or 203-734-3315 – work) or Linda (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 401-727-4700), your Reunion Co-Chairs.
- Each registrant, classmate and guest will have a choice of a favor, either a crimson baseball cap with 6 HR 5 on the front and a reunion inscription on the back, or two Old Fashioned glasses (4¼” high x 3½” wide) with our class logo on one side and a 55th Reunion inscription on the other side. Please email Gene Skowronski or Linda Dewing with your favor choice.
We are very excited that the Reunion we have planned and worked on for almost 3 years is becoming a reality! We encourage you to register by clicking the button below:
Tempus fugit, so carpe diem!
Contact either Gene Skowronski or Linda Dewing with questions or concerns. In the meantime, please complete your registrations on or before April 12th, 2022.
Gene Skowronski and Linda Dewing,
55th Reunion Co-Chairs